Thursday, October 7, 2010

Culling the herd



One of my favorite ninja tricks is what I call..."Culling the Dumb." I use this whenever the odds aren't in my favor.

Like the other night. I scanned down a Kronus, a Claymore, a Maelstrom, and a Hurricane in the same mission. Ok...not the greatest odds for a lone wolf ninja. So, just like a real wolf...I try to exploit any opportunity to "pick" off the dumbest member of the herd while the others are not able to...erm...interfere.

I board my trusty Vigil and jet off to the mission. In this case...AE; a multi-gate mission. Perfect. The plan is...steal...then wait. This makes me blinky red and the clock starts to wind down. I usually use this time to just salvage nice Angel wrecks.

The essence of this trick is to let the corp timer wind down to about 5 minutes, then jet through the other gates to find the herd of carebears. Once you find them, immediately align to base and hover over the warp button. You are trying to get just one of the carebears to shoot you. If one does...instantly warp before the others join in. The result is: you have a 15 minute timer on the dumb one, and a less than 5 minute timer on the corpies.

This works great because when you return...the corp timer is gone and the shooter is the only one that is a threat. The carebears never see it coming.

In this case...the Mael shot and I returned with Ganka-saurus. His friends got to watch his ship turn into a slagheap.


Since this trick doesn't allow much time for ship scanning...imagine my surprise at reading this KM: Maelstrom


Quite the expensive toy.


And here's the Coup d' grace:

Sarkor Nafaar > Thank you for choosing us for your gank. Your business means alot to us. We know you have choices to get your face torn off, but we appreciate that you chose us. You are a valued customer and we want to deliver the best gankage we can.
Cozmik R5 > XD
Frankslayer1982 > anytime
Frankslayer1982 > kinda sucks you aint turn red to everyone tho but a guess shit happens such is eve
Sarkor Nafaar > sorry...i used a diabolical ninja trick on you. By design, i didn't want the others to...erm...interfere.
Frankslayer1982 > well good kill then
Sarkor Nafaar > tyvm

By design!

No comments:

Post a Comment