Thursday, October 8, 2009

Playing with new toys...can kill you!

So...I guy I know buys a new expanded probe launcher. "Wow...now I need some probes...ooooo, look...shining new Core Scanner Probes. Since I can't use the Combat Scanner probes just yet, these will do." Off he jets from the safety of our station..."probes away!!"

30 Minutes later.

[Anghorn] I found a Wormhole...Yaaaarrrrr. No guts, no clean-up....

{multiple folks} Whoa...cool. Warpin to ya

[Sarkor] Um...not a good idea...you need to...

[Anghorn] Wow...this is a cool place....it's filled with Nougat.

[Sarkor] Wat?

[Sarkor] Did you go in already?

[Anghorn] Yeah...why...?

[Sarkor] Um...idk...it's a Wormhole to...this is EVE...probably badness
...
[Anghorn] SLEEPERS!!!!!!!!!!! Ambush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite some time later.

[Anghorn] Ok...big problem. I'm in 0.0 space...no gates. I lost the wormhole exit. I know where it is on the map, but i can't fly directly there. I'm fekk'
[Sarkor] lol

{Luckily some of us bookmarked the hi-sec end of the wormhole}

[Sarkor] OK...I'll fly in and then you can warp to me...but first i'm gonna get my scan ship and buy a few core scanners in case the wormhole closes on us. We'll be able to scan our way out.

...

[Sarkor] Ok...i'm in...nice place, but lets get the heck out of here...

[Anghorn] Agreed...too much excitement for one night.

Epic tragedy averted. That's what I like about EVE. Every decison has the potential to really get you into a mess quick. Not like WOW where you can be a complete TARD and continue to be a TARD and have purplez rain from the sky. And if you cry...they send you purplez in the mail. In EVE, lessons are taught swifty and violently. Kinda like being back in Army Basic Training.

On the bright side...
0.0 Space in our backyard, some planets w/moons, no asteroid belts {bah}, and some baddies...we'll have to save WH space for when we can fly something bigger than a destroyer... It's good to know that there is something to look forward to...I'll have to do some more research on these WH things.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that was pretty cool...wonder if big-boy MRs and Ratters would be interested in such finds in the future.

    My predicament does point up my one major complaint about EVE--you can't take direct control of your boat, and while I knew -exactly- where the WH was, and it was even on my solar map as an item, I couldn't target it and therefore couldn't warp or even get aligned to it...thanks for the rescue, Sarkor!

    Lesson learned: bookmark BOTH ends of wormholes.

    ReplyDelete