Tuesday, October 6, 2009

[Al Pacino]...let meh introduce you to my little friend...

Ah...my ship. My speedy little tear maker. I fly a Vigil. A wicked fast frigate that costs next to nothing...

Turns on a dime...agile little sucka.

Feel the rush...I salvage while the MR tries frantically to tractor his wrecks closer...oops got that one too.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...feel the tears flowing.

Tough to target, quick to the warp-away...high transversal=you missed me!

My little baby gets the job done....can't wait for Salvager IIs

-----------------------------------
My current Fit:

Highs
3 x Salvager Is

Mids
1 x AB
2 x Cap Recharger Is

Lows
2 x Overdrive Injector Systems
1 x Inertia Stabilizer I

Rigs
Polycarbon Engine Housing
Small Aux Thrusters
Small Dynamic Fuel Valve


[to the potential EFT warriors out there...taking your suggestions for better cost per performance]

2 comments:

  1. Replace the two cap rechargers with a single capacitor battery or, if you're having cap problems, a cap battery and a cap recharger.

    The problem with a cap recharger is that it only decreases your total recharge time. On a stock frigate, especially a vigil, that doesn't do much for you since you have such a small capacitor to begin with. You may indeed find that, counter-intuitively, fitting a single battery may do a better job at attaining cap stability than two rechargers.

    I like a Nanofiber in place of the Inertial Stab, because it impacts top speed as well as agility. YMMV and to each his own.

    Also, if you're going for salvaging efficiency, I would replace the speed/agility rigs with salvage tackles until you're salvaging on the first try most of the time. Once you get Salvaging V and can fit T2 salvagers you won't need the rigs, but until then it's nice to be able to count on getting the salvage in one cycle so you can preemptively move on to the next wreck.

    My unrigged T2 Vigil goes 1850 m/s and salvages the first time nearly every time. I do have an Orca in the system providing Skirmish Warfare bonuses (+speed to afterburners, bonus reduction in sig radius for speed tanking medium/large NPCs) and I only have Minmatar Frigate IV.

    By the way, I had to create a new openid in order to comment here, and it was a major pain. Some of us don't have any of the authentication methods you have turned on. If you turn on name/URL comments I'm sure you'll get more feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....thanks Paul! Huge fan of yours!!

    ReplyDelete