Friday, March 26, 2010

Hat-Trick


In sports, a hat-trick (or hat trick) means to achieve a positive feat in the sport three times during a game.

In EVE, a hat-trick means someone is having a real shitty gaming experience.

Introducing...Butnot. Butnot was having a lovely evening with some buddies in a mission. He's flying a repping Domi. His buds are in 3 x Ravens and a Hurricane (salver). Everyone in the mission was in a nub corp. This was Butnot's mission...so when i stole from a wreck...only Butnot had agro.

So...Butnot, surrounded by friends, thinks it's a great idea to shoot me. (he's basically un-armed except for his drones...he's the mission repper) Safe, right? I mean there are 3 Ravens here. Now it's the beginning of a really bad evening for Butnot.

Back I come with Ganka-saurus. I have to burn through 5 gates...and find him in the last room with his buds. He was aligned and warped away. So...i follow. After alittle cat and mouse...we both end back on Gate 1. He goes...poof.

Normally, that's where the story ends. Oh no...this guy is a brilliant player. I'm back at base selling his crap...then I say to myself...lets go back to the mission and see what's up. Back in the vigil...I warp back in. Um...wtf? Dude is back in the mission with another Domi. Really?!? I mean...come on...Really? I burn through all the gates...and there he is with his buds. My timer is gone, but the Hurricane hasn't managed to get to all the wrecks yet. Muah ha ha...so i loot another wreck. In come the Domi's drones...yeah agro again. Laughing back to station...I'm savoring another kill...but i know the mission is over...he's gonna run.

There are three gates in "my"system...I have to guess where this chump is going to go. I warp to a gate...and wait on the other side. Sure enough...the dimwit comes through...poof. Kill #2.

By now...most players who get spanked this hard are gonna start thinking..."wow...I gotta spend alittle time learning about Agro timers". Nope...not this guy.

So...as i'm scooping up the loot from the second kill...I see his little pod go back through the gate.
Hmmm...where could he be going? I follow. When I get through the gate, he's not in system. Strange. Then it dawns on me...the tard is going to go buy another ship! rofl...HE'S GOING TO RENS!!!! OMG...no, please tell me this guy isn't THAT stupid.

So...I burn towards Rens. I wait in the neighboring system...yep, you guessed it, at the gate. 12 minutes later...guess who pops through the gate in a shiny new Domi (hopefully insured...numbnuts) Just in time and agro is still mine. Poof. Kill #3.
Yep...pretty stupid.

"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. "
Harlan Ellison
US science fiction author & screenwriter (1934 - )


No comments:

Post a Comment